Uma Bharti attacks Sonia in Congress chief`s turf
Rae Bareli: Taking on Sonia Gandhi in her
constituency, BJP leader Uma Bharti on Sunday blamed the Congress
for backwardness and poverty in Rae Bareli.
She also asked the Congress chief to give a clarification
on the Batla House encounter issue following "contradictory
statements" from her party leaders.
Bharti also demanded that Election Commission should take
stern action against Salman Khurshid for his recent statements
on the minorities` sub quota.
"Matter of Salman Khurshid is not that of a person or
party, but that of credibility of the EC. I appeal to the EC
that to maintain its credibility, it should take stern action
against the minister," Bharti said while addressing an
election rally in Bachrawan assembly area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men