Unfit Gambhir rested for CT warm-up match
Potchefstroom: Despite being earlier declared fit for the Champions Trophy, the Indian team has decided to rest Gautam Gambhir for the opener warm-up Champions Trophy match against New Zealand on Sunday.
It is said that Gambhir is not perfectly fit to play the match, and thus, the team officials felt it was important for the opener to rest. This latest development may hamper India’s hopes in the Champions Trophy.
Apart from Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar and Ashish Nehra too have been rested from the match.
In a press conference, before departing for South Africa, skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni cited that it that was important for Gambhir to lead the top order.
Though, in further matches, Sachin and Rahul Dravid will too play a key role, but it is important for Gambhir to be in his best form, so as to even out the pressure on the batsmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy