Unitech first quarter profit dips 63 percent
New Delhi: Realty major Unitech Ltd`s first quarter profit fell 63 percent from Rs 4.23 billion to Rs 1.58 billion due to the sluggish demand for housing.
Net income fell to Rs 1.58 billion (USD 33 million) for the quarter ended June 30, from Rs 4.23 billion, the developer said in a statement.
Sales halved to Rs 5.15 billion during the quarter, from Rs 10.3 billion a year earlier.
Unitech raised Rs 54 billion from sale of shares and other properties in the quarter ended June 30 to pay debt and smooth financing of pending projects.
The company has restructured almost 95 percent of its debt. It has reduced its debt from Rs 109 billion to Rs 89 billion, its official website said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends