Unitech may sell tower-making business: Report
Mumbai: Real estate developer Unitech Ltd is trying to sell its telecom tower-making business for up to Rs 7.5 billion (USD 157.6 million) as part of its deleveraging initiatives, the Daily News & Analysis said on Tuesday.
Unitech officials could not be immediately reached for comments.
Unitech, which has been hit by high debt, sluggish demand and a crash in property prices, has been looking to raise capital by selling shares and assets such as hotels and office property.
In the quarter ended June, it raised USD 900 million through two placements to institutions. It also raised about Rs 10 billion from non-core asset sales.
Its total loans outstanding at the end of the quarter was Rs 82.6 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj