Unitech may sell tower-making business: Report
Mumbai: Real estate developer Unitech Ltd is trying to sell its telecom tower-making business for up to Rs 7.5 billion (USD 157.6 million) as part of its deleveraging initiatives, the Daily News & Analysis said on Tuesday.
Unitech officials could not be immediately reached for comments.
Unitech, which has been hit by high debt, sluggish demand and a crash in property prices, has been looking to raise capital by selling shares and assets such as hotels and office property.
In the quarter ended June, it raised USD 900 million through two placements to institutions. It also raised about Rs 10 billion from non-core asset sales.
Its total loans outstanding at the end of the quarter was Rs 82.6 billion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata