Unitech rises 2% after govt`s nod to Telenor for stake hike
Mumbai: Shares of Unitech, the country`s
second largest realty firm, rose by 2.35 per cent on the
Bombay Stock Exchange in late morning trade on Tuesday, a day after
the government approved Norwegian firm Telenor`s proposal for
hiking stake in joint venture Unitech Wireless to 74 per cent.
Unitech Wireless is a telecom joint venture between the
realty firm and Telenor.
The scrip was quoted at Rs 106.70 on BSE at 1100 hrs, up
2.35 per cent over its previous close.
The shares rose by 2.49 per cent to Rs 106.90 on the
National Stock Exchange. The scrip had surged by 8.24 per cent
to touch a high of Rs 112.90 in the opening trade.
Over 1.29 crore shares of the company were traded on the
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs yesterday
approved Telenor`s proposal for raising stake in Unitech
Wireless to 74 per cent.
The company plans to start services in December under
Uninor brand in eight circles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip