Unitech rises 2% after govt`s nod to Telenor for stake hike
Mumbai: Shares of Unitech, the country`s
second largest realty firm, rose by 2.35 per cent on the
Bombay Stock Exchange in late morning trade on Tuesday, a day after
the government approved Norwegian firm Telenor`s proposal for
hiking stake in joint venture Unitech Wireless to 74 per cent.
Unitech Wireless is a telecom joint venture between the
realty firm and Telenor.
The scrip was quoted at Rs 106.70 on BSE at 1100 hrs, up
2.35 per cent over its previous close.
The shares rose by 2.49 per cent to Rs 106.90 on the
National Stock Exchange. The scrip had surged by 8.24 per cent
to touch a high of Rs 112.90 in the opening trade.
Over 1.29 crore shares of the company were traded on the
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs yesterday
approved Telenor`s proposal for raising stake in Unitech
Wireless to 74 per cent.
The company plans to start services in December under
Uninor brand in eight circles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing