Unitech sells properties worth Rs 5,553cr during Mar-Dec`09
New Delhi: Unitech Ltd, the country`s second largest realty firm, has sold properties worth Rs 5,553 crore in ten months till December 2009 on the back of improved demand for affordable housing.
The company is well on course to exceed the targeted Rs 6,000 crore of sales in 2009-10 fiscal.
In a presentation to investors, Unitech said it has sold 13.14 million sq ft of area during March-December 2009 valuing Rs 5,553 crore, of which housing segment had the lion`s share of Rs 4,003 crore.
In May last, Unitech had announced it would develop 20,000 affordable houses at a cost of Rs 1,700 crore to become India`s numero-uno realty firm in housing segment. It has launched affordable houses under `UniHomes` brand.
The average realisation for the residential segment was Rs 3,733 per sq feet, while sales from non-housing segment Rs 6,401 per sq ft, the presentation said.
Out of the total sales booked in the review period, Gurgaon contributed 47 per cent, Noida and Greater Noida together 19 per cent, Chennai 13 per cent, Mumbai 12 per cent, Kolkata 3 per cent and other cities 6 per cent.
Unitech, which till sometime back was concentrated in the national capital region, has also become a key player in Mumbai, Chennai and Bhopal, it added.
The company said that construction work is progressing as per plan and nearly 20,000 workers are currently deployed at various sites, up from mere 3,500 on April 1, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez