UP elections: 5th phase nomination process begin
Kanpur: Nomination process for the fifth
phase of Assembly elections in 49 seats spread over 13
districts begins on Saturday.
The voting would take place on February 23. The districts
going to the poll in this phase are Farrukhabad, Kanshiram
Nagar, Etah, Mainpuri, Etawah, Auriya, Ramabai Nagar, Kanpur,
Jalaun, Jhansi, Lalitpur, Hamirpur and Mahoba.
The nomination process in Kanpur district started at 11
AM with Samajwadi Party candidate filing his nomination along
with a handful of supporters, officials said.
The Election Commission has banned bursting of crackers
or loud processions, ADM (city) Shailendra Kumar Singh said,
adding that cameras have been installed in nomination filing
centres and strict action would be taken against any
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?