UP elections: 5th phase nomination process begin
Kanpur: Nomination process for the fifth
phase of Assembly elections in 49 seats spread over 13
districts begins on Saturday.
The voting would take place on February 23. The districts
going to the poll in this phase are Farrukhabad, Kanshiram
Nagar, Etah, Mainpuri, Etawah, Auriya, Ramabai Nagar, Kanpur,
Jalaun, Jhansi, Lalitpur, Hamirpur and Mahoba.
The nomination process in Kanpur district started at 11
AM with Samajwadi Party candidate filing his nomination along
with a handful of supporters, officials said.
The Election Commission has banned bursting of crackers
or loud processions, ADM (city) Shailendra Kumar Singh said,
adding that cameras have been installed in nomination filing
centres and strict action would be taken against any
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed