UP elections: 5th phase nomination process begin
Kanpur: Nomination process for the fifth
phase of Assembly elections in 49 seats spread over 13
districts begins on Saturday.
The voting would take place on February 23. The districts
going to the poll in this phase are Farrukhabad, Kanshiram
Nagar, Etah, Mainpuri, Etawah, Auriya, Ramabai Nagar, Kanpur,
Jalaun, Jhansi, Lalitpur, Hamirpur and Mahoba.
The nomination process in Kanpur district started at 11
AM with Samajwadi Party candidate filing his nomination along
with a handful of supporters, officials said.
The Election Commission has banned bursting of crackers
or loud processions, ADM (city) Shailendra Kumar Singh said,
adding that cameras have been installed in nomination filing
centres and strict action would be taken against any
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth