UP govt gives job to Paramveer awardee`s grandson
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has
appointed Mohammad Shameem, grandson of Abdul Hameed who was
posthumously awarded Parmveer Chakra in 1965, as a class four
employee in UP Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL).
Shameem, who was observing a fast in front of Vidhan
Bhawan for last couple of days to press for his demand for a
government job, was handed over an appointment letter by the
UPPCL chairman Navneet Sehgal on Monday.
On the directives of Chief Minister Mayawati, UPPCL
chairman appointed Shameem to the post after considering his
qualification, a government spokesman said in Lucknow.
Shameem has expressed his desire to be appointed as
a labourer in Ghazipur district, to the UPPCL chairman after a
brief discussion with him on his educational qualifications
and the requirements of the job, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra