UP govt gives job to Paramveer awardee`s grandson
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has
appointed Mohammad Shameem, grandson of Abdul Hameed who was
posthumously awarded Parmveer Chakra in 1965, as a class four
employee in UP Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL).
Shameem, who was observing a fast in front of Vidhan
Bhawan for last couple of days to press for his demand for a
government job, was handed over an appointment letter by the
UPPCL chairman Navneet Sehgal on Monday.
On the directives of Chief Minister Mayawati, UPPCL
chairman appointed Shameem to the post after considering his
qualification, a government spokesman said in Lucknow.
Shameem has expressed his desire to be appointed as
a labourer in Ghazipur district, to the UPPCL chairman after a
brief discussion with him on his educational qualifications
and the requirements of the job, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP