UP govt invokes NSA against union leaders
Kanpur: Four union leaders have been booked
under the National Security Act for misbehaving with the
Labour Commissioner and engaging in violence at the office of
the Labour Department here, officials said on Saturday.
Superintendent of Police (Crime) O P Singh told reporters
that the National Security Act (NSA) has been invoked against
the four leaders - Chandrashekhar, President of LML labour
union, Shyamji Yadav, Pooran Rajput and Rajkumar of the JK
Jute Mill labour union.
On July 15, employees of LML company and labourers of JK
jute mill staged a dharna outside the office of Labour
Commissioner. They wanted the commissioner to listen to
When the Labour Commissioner Sitaram Meena came out of
the office to go elsewhere in his car, some protesters
misbehaved with him. This infuriated the Labour Commissioner
office staff who retaliated and the ensuing clashes resulted
in damage to property and vehicles of the office, police said.
Taking action against the protesters, police and district
authorities detained several of them and charged 15 persons
under the Criminal Act and attempt to homicide.
SP (Crime) said that the four persons against whom the
NSA has been invoked have been in jail since July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark