UP is battlefield for some MP leaders too
Bhopal: The forthcoming assembly election in
the neighbouring Uttar Pradesh is a high stake political
battle for some prominent leaders from Madhya Pradesh too.
Both Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh and former
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister and BJP leader Uma Bharti are
leaving no stone unturned to ensure their respective party`s
success in the election.
Digvijay, buoyed by the Congress`s performance in UP in
the last Lok Sabha election, has shifted the base temporarily
to Lucknow. He has rented a flat there, and even taken his
cook along, sources close to the Congress leader said.
Besides actual campaigning, Singh is busy fine-tuning the
party machinery, and strategising. He ensures that he is in
Lucknow every evening for meetings with party leaders.
Madhya Pradesh Congress MP from Ujjain, Premchand Guddu,
is taking care of party`s campaign in Meerut region of Uttar
Pradesh. Like Singh, he has rented a house there.
But Uma Bharti has a higher profile: not only she is
BJP`s crowd-puller campaigner in UP, but is being touted as a
candidate for chief ministerial post. She is contesting
election from the crucial Charkhari seat in Bundelkhand region
of the northern state.
Bharti, once a prominent face of Ram Janmabhoomi
movement, is fully aware that success in Uttar Pradesh will
catapult her to a larger role within BJP and in the national
Another prominent politician from Madhya Pradesh, BJP`s
National General Secretary Narendra Singh Tomar, who is
party`s in-charge of Uttar Pradesh, too is active in
preparations for the polls. He too is camping in UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks