UP is battlefield for some MP leaders too
Bhopal: The forthcoming assembly election in
the neighbouring Uttar Pradesh is a high stake political
battle for some prominent leaders from Madhya Pradesh too.
Both Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh and former
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister and BJP leader Uma Bharti are
leaving no stone unturned to ensure their respective party`s
success in the election.
Digvijay, buoyed by the Congress`s performance in UP in
the last Lok Sabha election, has shifted the base temporarily
to Lucknow. He has rented a flat there, and even taken his
cook along, sources close to the Congress leader said.
Besides actual campaigning, Singh is busy fine-tuning the
party machinery, and strategising. He ensures that he is in
Lucknow every evening for meetings with party leaders.
Madhya Pradesh Congress MP from Ujjain, Premchand Guddu,
is taking care of party`s campaign in Meerut region of Uttar
Pradesh. Like Singh, he has rented a house there.
But Uma Bharti has a higher profile: not only she is
BJP`s crowd-puller campaigner in UP, but is being touted as a
candidate for chief ministerial post. She is contesting
election from the crucial Charkhari seat in Bundelkhand region
of the northern state.
Bharti, once a prominent face of Ram Janmabhoomi
movement, is fully aware that success in Uttar Pradesh will
catapult her to a larger role within BJP and in the national
Another prominent politician from Madhya Pradesh, BJP`s
National General Secretary Narendra Singh Tomar, who is
party`s in-charge of Uttar Pradesh, too is active in
preparations for the polls. He too is camping in UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh