UP polls: Kanpur gears up for high-profile rallies
Kanpur: The local administration is scurrying to put up the paraphernalia for two high-profile election rallies by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati here on Thursday.
Officials hope that the events tomorrow would go on smoothly without any hiccups.
Top leaders like SP`s Mulayam Singh Yadav, BJP`s Sushma Swaraj, Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit and several other local leaders visited the city for campaigning today.
Singh will begin his campaign from Motijheel grounds hoping that like the previous two elections, the city will once again prove lucky for the party.
Party sources say, Kanpur, besides proving lucky, is also the industrial hub of UP and a major centre of revenue generation so the Prime Minister favours the city to start his campaign.
BSP supremo Mayawati`s rally is scheduled at 3 pm just after the PM`s rally.
The rallies of the Prime Minister and UP Chief Minister scheduled barely an hour within each other has certainly increased the workload of the administration here, but officials say they will spare no effort in organising the two high-profile events.
Senior police officials say they are satisfied with all arrangements and security measures and hope to put up a well-organised show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi