UP polls: Malegaon blast accused files nomination
Ballia: Retired Major Ramesh Upadhyay,
an accused in the Malegaon blast case, today filed his
nomination from Bairia Assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh through
his son Vishal.
Upadhyay, 60, is lodged in Taloja Central Jail in Raigarh,
Maharashtra, is contesting on Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha
Upadhyay was arrested in 2008 for his alleged involvement
in the Malegaon blast on September 29, 2008, in which six
persons were killed and over 100 injured.
He was accused of conspiring with prime accused Lt Col
Shrikant Prasad Purohit, who is also lodged in jail.
While the police had arrested 12 persons, the Bombay High
Court granted bail to three of them last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi