UP polls: Malegaon blast accused files nomination
Ballia: Retired Major Ramesh Upadhyay,
an accused in the Malegaon blast case, today filed his
nomination from Bairia Assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh through
his son Vishal.
Upadhyay, 60, is lodged in Taloja Central Jail in Raigarh,
Maharashtra, is contesting on Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha
Upadhyay was arrested in 2008 for his alleged involvement
in the Malegaon blast on September 29, 2008, in which six
persons were killed and over 100 injured.
He was accused of conspiring with prime accused Lt Col
Shrikant Prasad Purohit, who is also lodged in jail.
While the police had arrested 12 persons, the Bombay High
Court granted bail to three of them last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter