UP polls: Malegaon blast accused files nomination
Ballia: Retired Major Ramesh Upadhyay,
an accused in the Malegaon blast case, today filed his
nomination from Bairia Assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh through
his son Vishal.
Upadhyay, 60, is lodged in Taloja Central Jail in Raigarh,
Maharashtra, is contesting on Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha
Upadhyay was arrested in 2008 for his alleged involvement
in the Malegaon blast on September 29, 2008, in which six
persons were killed and over 100 injured.
He was accused of conspiring with prime accused Lt Col
Shrikant Prasad Purohit, who is also lodged in jail.
While the police had arrested 12 persons, the Bombay High
Court granted bail to three of them last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened