UP polls: Malegaon blast accused files nomination
Ballia: Retired Major Ramesh Upadhyay,
an accused in the Malegaon blast case, today filed his
nomination from Bairia Assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh through
his son Vishal.
Upadhyay, 60, is lodged in Taloja Central Jail in Raigarh,
Maharashtra, is contesting on Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha
Upadhyay was arrested in 2008 for his alleged involvement
in the Malegaon blast on September 29, 2008, in which six
persons were killed and over 100 injured.
He was accused of conspiring with prime accused Lt Col
Shrikant Prasad Purohit, who is also lodged in jail.
While the police had arrested 12 persons, the Bombay High
Court granted bail to three of them last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II