UP polls: Over 200 dummy EVMs recovered
Lucknow: Over 200 dummy Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) were recovered from the possession of some Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) supporters in Uttar Pradesh`s Baghpat
district, police said on Monday.
"Around 250 EVMs that were brought by an RLD candidate without permission were recovered from the possession of some RLD supporters by police in Baghpat district two days back,"
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha said.
As per the provisions, parties need to take prior permission from the commission before using the dummies, Sinha said, adding that the machines have been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30