UP polls: Over 200 dummy EVMs recovered
Lucknow: Over 200 dummy Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) were recovered from the possession of some Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) supporters in Uttar Pradesh`s Baghpat
district, police said on Monday.
"Around 250 EVMs that were brought by an RLD candidate without permission were recovered from the possession of some RLD supporters by police in Baghpat district two days back,"
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha said.
As per the provisions, parties need to take prior permission from the commission before using the dummies, Sinha said, adding that the machines have been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown