UP polls: RLD rules out tie-up with SP
New Delhi: Rashtriya Lok Dal on Sunday ruled out any post-poll alliance with Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh and reaffirmed its alliance with the Congress.
"We have an alliance with Congress in UP and at the Centre. Anything we do will be done in consultation with Congress," union minister and RLD chief Ajit Singh said.
He was reacting to reports appeared in a section of the media that RLD will tie-up with SP to form a government in UP after the election results.
Singh said, "There is no truth in it (the reports). These are totally concocted and motivated."
Congress has formed an alliance with RLD before the UP elections and fought the polls together and we will continue to have alliance with it, he said.
Exit polls conducted by TV channels have projected SP in the lead in a hung house. One channel has given SP a clear majority by predicting that it may get up to 210 seats in the 403-member House and put the RLD tally at 11.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?