UP polls: RLD rules out tie-up with SP
New Delhi: Rashtriya Lok Dal on Sunday ruled out any post-poll alliance with Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh and reaffirmed its alliance with the Congress.
"We have an alliance with Congress in UP and at the Centre. Anything we do will be done in consultation with Congress," union minister and RLD chief Ajit Singh said.
He was reacting to reports appeared in a section of the media that RLD will tie-up with SP to form a government in UP after the election results.
Singh said, "There is no truth in it (the reports). These are totally concocted and motivated."
Congress has formed an alliance with RLD before the UP elections and fought the polls together and we will continue to have alliance with it, he said.
Exit polls conducted by TV channels have projected SP in the lead in a hung house. One channel has given SP a clear majority by predicting that it may get up to 210 seats in the 403-member House and put the RLD tally at 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!