UPA govt ignoring the poor: JD (U) leader
Puducherry: Accusing the UPA Government of
ignoring the poor and pampering the rich, JD(U) General
Secretary Arun Kumar today said the NDA`s fight against price
rise would continue till the goal was achieved.
"The Congress led UPA Government at the Centre is ignoring
the poor and the have-nots but on the other hand is keen about
pampering the rich and affluent," he told reporters here after
addressing an executive committee meeting of the local unit.
"The fight against price rise would continue and JD(U)
President and NDA Convenor Sharad Yadav is keen about carrying
the struggle till the goal was reached," he said referring to
the recent Bharat Bandh to protest the fuel price hike.
The upward revision of prices of petroleum products was
`unjustified` as the price of crude oil in the world market
was 70 dollars a barrel, he said adding the central and state
government should also reduce their taxes on diesel and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?