UPA meets to evolve consensus on FDI
New Delhi: The UPA is meeting here Tuesday to thrash out a consensus on foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail, an issue that has stalled Parliament for four days.
"UPA allies like DMK have some reservations relating to FDI in multi-brand retail and the government is ready to address those issues so that the alliance partners are on board," a Congress source said.
Congress is the largest party in the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) with 206 MPs, while the DMK has 18 MPs.
Both houses of Parliament were disrupted for the fourth day Tuesday as the opposition continued its protests against the government`s policy on allowing foreign investment in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...