UPA meets to evolve consensus on FDI
New Delhi: The UPA is meeting here Tuesday to thrash out a consensus on foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail, an issue that has stalled Parliament for four days.
"UPA allies like DMK have some reservations relating to FDI in multi-brand retail and the government is ready to address those issues so that the alliance partners are on board," a Congress source said.
Congress is the largest party in the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) with 206 MPs, while the DMK has 18 MPs.
Both houses of Parliament were disrupted for the fourth day Tuesday as the opposition continued its protests against the government`s policy on allowing foreign investment in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31