Uruguayan Suarez completes Liverpool move
London: Uruguay forward Luis Suarez completed his move to five-times European champions Liverpool from Ajax Amsterdam on Monday, the Premier League club said.
"Luis Suarez has today completed his transfer from Ajax to Liverpool FC and signed a five-and-a-half-year-deal that will keep him at Anfield until 2016," a statement said.
"The deal was subject to the completion of a medical, which the player has now passed."
Liverpool, who have also agreed to sign Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll, said the fee was "up to" 26.5 million euros.
Suarez, 24, the current Dutch Footballer of the Year, will take the number seven shirt worn by some of Liverpool`s most revered players including Kevin Keegan and current manager Kenny Dalglish.
Suarez signed for Ajax in 2007 for 7.5 million euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley