US cyclist Leipheimer wins Tour of Switzerland
Schaffhausen (Switzerland): American Levi Leipheimer won the Tour of Switzerland on Sunday following the ninth stage, a 32.1 km time trial won by Switzerland`s Fabian Cancellara.
Overnight race leader Damiano Cunego went into the final stage with a 1min 59sec lead over RadioShack all-rounder Leipheimer.
However the American put in a powerful display on the hilly course in Switzerland`s northern-most town to finish third on the stage only 13secs behind world champion Cancellara.
It meant Cunego, who finished 2:16 off Cancellara`s pace, lost the yellow jersey by just four seconds.
In third place overall was Dutch tyro Steven Kruijswijk of Rabobank, who finished 1:02 behind Leipheimer in the overall standings.
It was Leopard rider Cancellara`s second stage win in his home race, following his opening stage time trial win over 7km in Lugano last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves