US cyclist Leipheimer wins Tour of Switzerland
Schaffhausen (Switzerland): American Levi Leipheimer won the Tour of Switzerland on Sunday following the ninth stage, a 32.1 km time trial won by Switzerland`s Fabian Cancellara.
Overnight race leader Damiano Cunego went into the final stage with a 1min 59sec lead over RadioShack all-rounder Leipheimer.
However the American put in a powerful display on the hilly course in Switzerland`s northern-most town to finish third on the stage only 13secs behind world champion Cancellara.
It meant Cunego, who finished 2:16 off Cancellara`s pace, lost the yellow jersey by just four seconds.
In third place overall was Dutch tyro Steven Kruijswijk of Rabobank, who finished 1:02 behind Leipheimer in the overall standings.
It was Leopard rider Cancellara`s second stage win in his home race, following his opening stage time trial win over 7km in Lugano last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry