US cyclist Leipheimer wins Tour of Switzerland
Schaffhausen (Switzerland): American Levi Leipheimer won the Tour of Switzerland on Sunday following the ninth stage, a 32.1 km time trial won by Switzerland`s Fabian Cancellara.
Overnight race leader Damiano Cunego went into the final stage with a 1min 59sec lead over RadioShack all-rounder Leipheimer.
However the American put in a powerful display on the hilly course in Switzerland`s northern-most town to finish third on the stage only 13secs behind world champion Cancellara.
It meant Cunego, who finished 2:16 off Cancellara`s pace, lost the yellow jersey by just four seconds.
In third place overall was Dutch tyro Steven Kruijswijk of Rabobank, who finished 1:02 behind Leipheimer in the overall standings.
It was Leopard rider Cancellara`s second stage win in his home race, following his opening stage time trial win over 7km in Lugano last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'