US Inc commits investment in India after polls
Washington: Expressing faith in India`s growth story, several US companies have committed themselves to increasing investment after the ongoing general elections in the country.
"USIBC reaffirmed US companies` commitment to India`s growth and focused on reviving investor sentiment and cross-border collaboration in the first year post-elections," said a release after private meeting of RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan with top executives of global companies.
The meeting was hosted by the US India Business Council (USIBC).
The industry representatives, including several CEOs, heard from the Governor the challenges the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) faces in taming inflation while promoting the growth, all in the midst of factors beyond the institution`s control.
Among others the meeting was attended by KKR Co-Chairman Henry Kravis, Chairman of McGraw Hill Financial Harold McGraw, and Co-CEO of Warburg Pincus Charles Kaye.
The USIBC said the members supported RBI`s financial sector reforms, including actions to further deepen India`s debt capital markets toward long-term infrastructure development and manage risk.
"USIBC also discussed with Governor Rajan the importance of a vibrant payments industry with competition and dialogue spurring further innovations in mobile banking, prepaid, and cash transfer remittances for SME businesses and individuals," the release said.
The USIBC members welcomed the Governor`s insight on opportunities for meaningful US-India collaboration in the financial sector.
In addition to continued banking reforms, contributions of non-bank financial companies to the real economy, including those wholly-owned by foreign direct investment, were raised.
"American investors are grateful for the Reserve Bank of India`s leadership of the Indian economy. USIBC looks forward to continuing industry`s dialogue with the RBI across capital markets, banking, payments and asset management," said USIBC Director for Financial Policy, Melissa Frakman.
"The past year saw unprecedented volatility for Indian markets - and under Governor Rajan`s able stewardship - the rupee has been one of the most stable currencies in emerging markets and globally," said the CME Group`s Senior Managing Director for Foreign Exchange and Metals, Derek Sammann.
CME Group is the world`s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, headquartered in Chicago.
Formed in 1975 at the request of the US and Indian governments, the USIBC is the premier business advocacy organisation advancing US-India commercial ties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda