US jobs picture may worsen in coming months: Obama
Washington: The US jobs situation could
worsen slightly over the coming few months, US President
Barack Obama said on Sunday.
"I want to be clear, that probably the jobs picture is
not going to improve considerably and it could even get a
little bit worse over the next couple of months," Obama said
in an interview with a TV channel.
"We`re probably not going to start seeing enough job
creation to deal with the, you know, a rising population until
some time next year."
Obama said he believed the embattled US economy would
begin adding jobs but said "you need 150,000 additional jobs
each month, just to keep pace with a growing population.
"So if we`re only adding 50,000 jobs, that`s a great
reversal from losing 700,000 jobs early this year. But, you
know, it means that we`ve still got a ways to go."
As the United States battles its worst recession in
decades which dragged down the global economy, Obama hosts the
G20 summit in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, starting Thursday
aimed at tightening regulations to ensure such a financial
maelstrom never happens again.
Obama launched a full-bore media offensive on five Sunday
talk shows as part of his push to get Congress to enact
legislation on his top priority of health care reform plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India