US jobs picture may worsen in coming months: Obama
Washington: The US jobs situation could
worsen slightly over the coming few months, US President
Barack Obama said on Sunday.
"I want to be clear, that probably the jobs picture is
not going to improve considerably and it could even get a
little bit worse over the next couple of months," Obama said
in an interview with a TV channel.
"We`re probably not going to start seeing enough job
creation to deal with the, you know, a rising population until
some time next year."
Obama said he believed the embattled US economy would
begin adding jobs but said "you need 150,000 additional jobs
each month, just to keep pace with a growing population.
"So if we`re only adding 50,000 jobs, that`s a great
reversal from losing 700,000 jobs early this year. But, you
know, it means that we`ve still got a ways to go."
As the United States battles its worst recession in
decades which dragged down the global economy, Obama hosts the
G20 summit in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, starting Thursday
aimed at tightening regulations to ensure such a financial
maelstrom never happens again.
Obama launched a full-bore media offensive on five Sunday
talk shows as part of his push to get Congress to enact
legislation on his top priority of health care reform plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read