US Lawmakers to see Osama`s death photos
Washington: The Central Intelligence Agency will allow a select group of US lawmakers to see photos of Osama bin Laden`s corpse, but only if they travel to the agency`s headquarters.
The Senate Armed Services Committee and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence will travel to CIA headquarters in Langley, to view the photographs, which have been described by White House press secretary Jay Carney as "gruesome."
Fox News quoted a senior US official, as saying that a large, open gunshot wound to Osama’s forehead revealing brain matter, can be seen in the photos.
The official added that one of Osama’s eyes is open while the other eye is "completely gone."
However, the White House announced last week that it would not release graphic images of Osama’s corpse, expressing concerns that they might incite extremists to retaliate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal