US Lawmakers to see Osama`s death photos
Washington: The Central Intelligence Agency will allow a select group of US lawmakers to see photos of Osama bin Laden`s corpse, but only if they travel to the agency`s headquarters.
The Senate Armed Services Committee and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence will travel to CIA headquarters in Langley, to view the photographs, which have been described by White House press secretary Jay Carney as "gruesome."
Fox News quoted a senior US official, as saying that a large, open gunshot wound to Osama’s forehead revealing brain matter, can be seen in the photos.
The official added that one of Osama’s eyes is open while the other eye is "completely gone."
However, the White House announced last week that it would not release graphic images of Osama’s corpse, expressing concerns that they might incite extremists to retaliate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says