US Lawmakers to see Osama`s death photos
Washington: The Central Intelligence Agency will allow a select group of US lawmakers to see photos of Osama bin Laden`s corpse, but only if they travel to the agency`s headquarters.
The Senate Armed Services Committee and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence will travel to CIA headquarters in Langley, to view the photographs, which have been described by White House press secretary Jay Carney as "gruesome."
Fox News quoted a senior US official, as saying that a large, open gunshot wound to Osama’s forehead revealing brain matter, can be seen in the photos.
The official added that one of Osama’s eyes is open while the other eye is "completely gone."
However, the White House announced last week that it would not release graphic images of Osama’s corpse, expressing concerns that they might incite extremists to retaliate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead