US Lawmakers to see Osama`s death photos
Washington: The Central Intelligence Agency will allow a select group of US lawmakers to see photos of Osama bin Laden`s corpse, but only if they travel to the agency`s headquarters.
The Senate Armed Services Committee and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence will travel to CIA headquarters in Langley, to view the photographs, which have been described by White House press secretary Jay Carney as "gruesome."
Fox News quoted a senior US official, as saying that a large, open gunshot wound to Osama’s forehead revealing brain matter, can be seen in the photos.
The official added that one of Osama’s eyes is open while the other eye is "completely gone."
However, the White House announced last week that it would not release graphic images of Osama’s corpse, expressing concerns that they might incite extremists to retaliate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!