US Lawmakers to see Osama`s death photos
Washington: The Central Intelligence Agency will allow a select group of US lawmakers to see photos of Osama bin Laden`s corpse, but only if they travel to the agency`s headquarters.
The Senate Armed Services Committee and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence will travel to CIA headquarters in Langley, to view the photographs, which have been described by White House press secretary Jay Carney as "gruesome."
Fox News quoted a senior US official, as saying that a large, open gunshot wound to Osama’s forehead revealing brain matter, can be seen in the photos.
The official added that one of Osama’s eyes is open while the other eye is "completely gone."
However, the White House announced last week that it would not release graphic images of Osama’s corpse, expressing concerns that they might incite extremists to retaliate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai