US Marines ban social networking use
Washington: The US Marine Corps is banning
its troops from going onto Facebook, MySpace and other social
network sites, citing a possible security risk.
The corps issued an order yesterday saying the ban is
effective immediately on the Marine Corps computer network. It
said the Internet has been used as a haven for malicious
behavior, and said that using social sites can expose
information to adversaries.
Agency has learned that the move is part of a larger
Pentagon review. Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn last
week ordered a review of both the threats and benefits of
using social networking, and asked it be done by the end of
The order does not affect Marines` private use of such
networks on personal computers outside of their jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?