U.S. Open champ McIlroy to tee up at Hong Kong
Singapore: U.S Open champion Rory McIlroy will headline the field at the Hong Kong Open in December, the Asian Tour announced on Friday.
McIlroy, who won his first major at the Congressional Country Club by an impressive eight-shot margin on Sunday, is looking forward to returning to one of his "favourite tournaments," which is co-sanctioned by the Asian and European Tours.
The Northern Irishman will be looking to improve on his sixth-place finish in last year`s $2.5 million event to be held at Fanling from Dec 1-4.
"It will be very special to be announced on the first tee as the U.S. Open Champion," said the 22-year-old in a statement on Friday. "Hopefully I can bring some of that Congressional form to Hong Kong and give the fans a great show.
"It is such an amazing city with a very special energy and every time I go there I just love the place," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family