US Open men`s final postponed until Monday
New York: The US Open men`s singles final between Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic was re-scheduled for Monday after persistent rain ruined any chance of starting the match on Sunday.
The match was scheduled to begin at 4:45 p.m. (2045 GMT) but was delayed after the skies opened up over the Flushing Meadows courts in New York.
With the rain still falling, tournament officials decided to postpone the match for 24 hours, marking the third straight year the final has been played on a Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!