US Open men`s final postponed until Monday
New York: The US Open men`s singles final between Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic was re-scheduled for Monday after persistent rain ruined any chance of starting the match on Sunday.
The match was scheduled to begin at 4:45 p.m. (2045 GMT) but was delayed after the skies opened up over the Flushing Meadows courts in New York.
With the rain still falling, tournament officials decided to postpone the match for 24 hours, marking the third straight year the final has been played on a Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16