US Open men`s final postponed until Monday
New York: The US Open men`s singles final between Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic was re-scheduled for Monday after persistent rain ruined any chance of starting the match on Sunday.
The match was scheduled to begin at 4:45 p.m. (2045 GMT) but was delayed after the skies opened up over the Flushing Meadows courts in New York.
With the rain still falling, tournament officials decided to postpone the match for 24 hours, marking the third straight year the final has been played on a Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie