US Open players, entourages warned about tweeting
New York: U S Open players and their
entourages are being told to be careful about what they post
on their Twitter accounts.
Signs are being posted in the players` lounge, locker
rooms and referee`s office at the USTA Billie Jean King
National Tennis Center with the header: "Important. Player
Notice. Twitter Warning".
The message from the sport`s Tennis Integrity Unit points
out that Twitter messages could violate the sport`s
The signs say tweeting is not allowed on court during
matches. They also say tweeting certain things off the court
could be considered relaying inside information.
The warning applies to players, coaches, agents, family
members and tournament staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui