US Open players, entourages warned about tweeting
New York: U S Open players and their
entourages are being told to be careful about what they post
on their Twitter accounts.
Signs are being posted in the players` lounge, locker
rooms and referee`s office at the USTA Billie Jean King
National Tennis Center with the header: "Important. Player
Notice. Twitter Warning".
The message from the sport`s Tennis Integrity Unit points
out that Twitter messages could violate the sport`s
The signs say tweeting is not allowed on court during
matches. They also say tweeting certain things off the court
could be considered relaying inside information.
The warning applies to players, coaches, agents, family
members and tournament staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon