US Open players, entourages warned about tweeting
New York: U S Open players and their
entourages are being told to be careful about what they post
on their Twitter accounts.
Signs are being posted in the players` lounge, locker
rooms and referee`s office at the USTA Billie Jean King
National Tennis Center with the header: "Important. Player
Notice. Twitter Warning".
The message from the sport`s Tennis Integrity Unit points
out that Twitter messages could violate the sport`s
The signs say tweeting is not allowed on court during
matches. They also say tweeting certain things off the court
could be considered relaying inside information.
The warning applies to players, coaches, agents, family
members and tournament staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP