US Open players, entourages warned about tweeting
New York: U S Open players and their
entourages are being told to be careful about what they post
on their Twitter accounts.
Signs are being posted in the players` lounge, locker
rooms and referee`s office at the USTA Billie Jean King
National Tennis Center with the header: "Important. Player
Notice. Twitter Warning".
The message from the sport`s Tennis Integrity Unit points
out that Twitter messages could violate the sport`s
The signs say tweeting is not allowed on court during
matches. They also say tweeting certain things off the court
could be considered relaying inside information.
The warning applies to players, coaches, agents, family
members and tournament staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred