US Presidential poll: It’s Obama Vs Romney
Charlotte: With world’s biggest Presidential elections just two months away, President Barack Obama on Thursday night accepted nomination for president of the United States.
Barack Obama delivered his Democratic presidential nomination speech saying that economic woes need to be solved.
Delivering a thunderous speech, Obama assured his thousands of supporters saying that if re-elected he promised to solve the problems related to economy, education, unemployment.
"Our problems can be solved, our challenges can be met,” Obama said. "The path we offer may be harder, but it leads to a better place," he added said.
Asking the voters to vote for the Democrats, Obama said, “On every issue, the choice you face won’t be just between two candidates or two parties.”
“It will be a choice between two different paths for America.”
A choice between two fundamentally different visions for the future.
“Ours is a fight to restore the values that built the largest middle class and the strongest economy the world has ever known,” Obama added.
Earlier, President Obama had expressed disappointment over moving his Democratic presidential nomination speech to a much smaller venue due to bad weather forecast.
The decision to move the venue has disappointed several thousand people, including hundreds of Indian Americans, who had travelled to this city from far and wide, anticipating to hear their popular leader in a gigantic open stadium.
Organisers of the Democratic National Convention had no other choice but to cancel the final day of the three days party meet inside a stadium for which the Obama campaign had invited some 70,000 people; because of the forecast of thunderstorm Thursday night, a possible safety hazard for thousands of people.
"I know it`s disappointing," Obama said in a community teleconference for thousands of those who could not attend his acceptance speech because the change in venue from the large open stadium to a smaller indoor auditorium having a capacity of some 20,000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015