US showed weakness in Osama "execution": Castro
Havana: The United States "executed" Osama bin Laden and showed "weakness and insecurity" in its attack on his Pakistani sanctuary, former Cuban leader Fidel Castro said in a column published on Thursday in the state-run press.
Castro, 84, wrote that President Barack Obama "has no way to hide that Osama was executed in the presence of his children and wives".
The former Cuban president said the operation by US special forces violated Pakistani law and offended the country`s religious traditions and national dignity.
The operation, including Osama`s rapid burial at sea, had not ended Washington`s problems with him, Castro predicted.
"To kill him and send him to the depths of the sea shows weakness and insecurity, they convert him into a much more dangerous figure," said Castro, who ruled Cuba for 49 years before officially ceding power to brother Raul in 2008.
Bin Laden and four others were killed when Navy SEALs raided his compound early on Monday in the Pakistani town of Abbottabad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know