Usain Bolt gets Order of Jamaica
Jamaica: He may have been on the podium many a times and is no stranger to awards either, but Usain Bolt, the world`s fastest man and Jamaican ace sprinter, got a prestigious award like no other in his native country`s highest honours.
Bolt received the Order of Jamaica during the heritage celebrations in Kingston. At the age of 23, Usain Bolt is the youngest person ever to have received such an honour.
Prior to this, the Jamaican government had also re-named a highway after the Olympic and world champion and record-holder.
Usain Bolt’s legacy rose to an entirely new level when he ran 9.58 seconds in the 100 metres at the world championships in Berlin in August. He ran 19.19 in the 200, breaking the records he set at the Beijing Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report