USGA-IGU collaborate for Course Raters workshop
Bengaluru: The United States Golf
Association is partnering the Indian Golf Union for its
first-ever Course Rating Seminar here from August 23 to 25.
The course, to be conducted at the Bangalore Golf Club,
is a workshop for experts in the field of rating courses on
the degree of difficulty.
Course ratings become important from the standpoint of
determining how difficult a course is and also for handicaps.
The workshop also endeavours to prepare future course raters.
In golf, there are two bodies which issue ratings
courses, the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews (R&A) and
About 50-55 applicants, who are being charged Rs 3,000
per person are expected to attend the workshop.
The first batch of raters will be issued certificates by
the visiting USGA experts, but in future such workshops will
be conducted by IGU.
To start with the raters` tests will be for Indians only,
but later, this will be extended to allow applicants from
The programme is being sponsored by IGU affiliated club,
Bangalore Golf Association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE