UTV to partner Bloomberg for content and co-branding
Mumbai: Media and entertainment firm UTV Software on Thursday said it will enter into a strategic partnership with Bloomberg for content sourcing and re-branding its business channel UTVi.
In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange UTV Software
said both the companies would collaborate on a television
channel and in the next month business news channel UTVi
would be re-branded as Bloomberg-UTV.
Besides, the website UTVi.com would be rebranded as
bloombergutv.com, it added.
"By working with UTV to realise our shared vision for
business and financial television, Bloomberg renews its
commitment to delivering business, economic and political news
to viewers in India, and... across the globe," Bloomberg
Multimedia group Chief Executive Andy Lack said.
UTV News Chairman Ronnie Screwvala said, "The addition of
14-15 million TV sets every year will drive viewership of
business news in India. This is where our association with
Bloomberg will create impact for the India market."
Shares of UTV Software gained nearly five percent to Rs
508 in morning trade on the BSE. It was later quoting at Rs
493, up 1.63 per cent over previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'