Valencia signs new contract with Man United
London: Ecuadorian winger Antonio Valencia has signed a new four-year contract with English champions Manchester United to keep him at Old Trafford until 2015, the Premier League club said on Monday.
The 25-year-old has made a big impact since joining from Wigan Athletic in 2009, although he was sidelined for much of last season with a broken ankle.
"Antonio has made a fantastic contribution since his arrival. His speed, crossing ability and versatility have been a big asset for us," manager Alex Ferguson told United`s website.
"He has a quiet, unassuming way of going about his business, which is underlined by great strength of character -- as his recovery from such a bad injury last season proves."
Valencia has made 69 appearances for United, scoring 10 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported