Valencia signs new contract with Man United
London: Ecuadorian winger Antonio Valencia has signed a new four-year contract with English champions Manchester United to keep him at Old Trafford until 2015, the Premier League club said on Monday.
The 25-year-old has made a big impact since joining from Wigan Athletic in 2009, although he was sidelined for much of last season with a broken ankle.
"Antonio has made a fantastic contribution since his arrival. His speed, crossing ability and versatility have been a big asset for us," manager Alex Ferguson told United`s website.
"He has a quiet, unassuming way of going about his business, which is underlined by great strength of character -- as his recovery from such a bad injury last season proves."
Valencia has made 69 appearances for United, scoring 10 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video