Varma, Neha top seeds at NSCI tournament
Mumbai: Saurabh Varma of Petroleum Sport
Promotion Board and Neha Pandit of Airports Authority of India
have been given top billings in the men`s and women`s singles
respectively in the NSCI All India Senior Ranking Badminton
Tournament starting here on August 27.
World no. 25 and former national champion P Kashyap has
been seeded seventh while top India players Ajay Jayaram and
Anup Sridhar have not been seeded for want of sufficient
ranking points in the Rs 5-lakh prize money tournament to be
held in the Sardar Vallabhai Patel Stadium courts in Worli.
The draw is of 24 players in both the singles events
while men`s doubles and mixed doubles would have 12 pairs each
and women`s doubles 11.
There are 145 entries in the qualifying rounds of the
men`s singles, to be held on the first two days of the five-
day event, while in the women`s singles there are 31.
Men`s singles: 1. Saurabh Varma, 2. B Sai Praneet, 3. H S
Prannoy (all PSPB), 4. Pratul Joshi (AI), 5. K Nandagopal, 6.
B Sumeet Reddy (both AAI), 7. P Kashyap (PSPB) 8. Mohit Kamat
Women`s singles: 1. Neha Pandit (AAI), 2. Arundhati
Pantawane (PSPB), 3. P C Thulasi (Ker), 4. Sayali Gokhale
(AI), 5. Anita Ohlan (Rlys), 6. Aditi Mutatkar (PSPB), 7.
Sampada Sahasrabudhe (AAI), 8. Dhanya Nair (Rlys).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter