Varsity teachers to get 6th Pay Panel benefits: Raj Govt
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Thursday said teachers of universities and government colleges in the state would get the benefits of the 6th Pay Commission as soon as a five-member review committee submits its report.
Higher and Technical Education Minister Jitendra
Singh, while replying to BJP MLA R S Rathore, told the House
that the report of Chadha committee, reviewing the
feasibility, is expected within two months.
Singh said the state would bear a financial burden of
Rs 129 crore and the UGC would provide Rs 400 to 500 crore.
Since, there were some discrepancies in the original pay
commission related to Rajasthan, Chadha Committee was set up
to bring parity, he said.
Replying to a question of Chotu Singh Bhati of BJP,
Panchayati Raj Minister Bharat Singh said jobs were given
to all labourers under NREGA, based on the need and
recommendations of Gram Sabha. There was no irregularity in
the implementation of NREGA jobs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins