Vedic Village case: No question of protecting anyone, says WB govt
Kolkata: After the arrest of the project
manager of Vedic Village, a resort for which alleged shady
land deals had been struck, the West Bengal government on Friday
said there was no question of protecting anyone.
"The investigation will take its own course and
question does not arise of protecting anybody," Chief
Secretary Asok Mohan Chakraborty told reporters after a
high-level meeting convened by Chief Minister Buddhadeb
"All those named in the FIR, including the land
mafia involved must be arrested and none will be spared,"
IGP (South Bengal) Sanjay Mukherjee was asked to
expedite investigations and take strong action against those
involved, he said referring to the violence that occurred on
August 23 when the resort was burnt down by a mob and a man
shot dead following a football match.
Some persons named in the FIR were yet to be arrested
and the allegations against them were being looked into, he
Meanwhile, a man named Kalua, who was arrested
yesterday along with the resort`s project manager Biplab
Biswas was remanded to six days in police custody after being
produced in a local court in North 24 Parganas.
Kalua, was alleged to be a close aide of a local
ruffian, Gaffar Mollah, who was the main accused in the
case. Gaffar is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past