Vedic Village case: No question of protecting anyone, says WB govt
Kolkata: After the arrest of the project
manager of Vedic Village, a resort for which alleged shady
land deals had been struck, the West Bengal government on Friday
said there was no question of protecting anyone.
"The investigation will take its own course and
question does not arise of protecting anybody," Chief
Secretary Asok Mohan Chakraborty told reporters after a
high-level meeting convened by Chief Minister Buddhadeb
"All those named in the FIR, including the land
mafia involved must be arrested and none will be spared,"
IGP (South Bengal) Sanjay Mukherjee was asked to
expedite investigations and take strong action against those
involved, he said referring to the violence that occurred on
August 23 when the resort was burnt down by a mob and a man
shot dead following a football match.
Some persons named in the FIR were yet to be arrested
and the allegations against them were being looked into, he
Meanwhile, a man named Kalua, who was arrested
yesterday along with the resort`s project manager Biplab
Biswas was remanded to six days in police custody after being
produced in a local court in North 24 Parganas.
Kalua, was alleged to be a close aide of a local
ruffian, Gaffar Mollah, who was the main accused in the
case. Gaffar is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi