Vela to join Sociedad on loan from Arsenal
London: Arsenal`s Mexico forward Carlos Vela is joining Real Sociedad on a season-long loan to get more regular first-team football, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old, who played 13 times for Arsenal last season and also had a loan spell at West Bromwich Albion from January, will play for the La Liga side subject to a medical.
Vela made his Arsenal debut at the start of the 2008/09 season having spent the previous campaign on loan at Spanish top flight side Osasuna while awaiting a work permit.
The promising forward, who started his career at Mexican club Guadalajara, played at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars