Verdict not a win or loss for anybody: RSS
Nagpur: Welcoming the Allahabad High Court’s verdict in the Ayodhya title suit in an unprecedented press conference, the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat Thursday appealed to all sections of society to exercise restraint and maintain calm.
“The judgement has paved the way for the construction of
Ram temple in Ayodhya...The judgement is not a win or loss for
anybody. We invite everybody, including Muslims, to help build
the temple," he said.
The RSS chief, although expressing satisfaction over the judgement, said that there would be an obivious sense of joy but that should be contained to maintain secular harmony.
"The court verdict should not be seen as anybody`s
victory or defeat," he reiterated.
He cautioned by saying that its time for everyone to forget the bitterness of past and all should come forward and demonstrate a national unity. He advised people that nothing should be done that intends to offend the sentiments of any particular community
"Uncalled for provocation must be avoided," he said
adding, the movement for a Ram temple was "not a reactionary
one nor it is against any particular community."
Bhagwat also appealed to the Muslims to "forget the
Meanwhile, reacting to the judgment BJP spokesman Prajkash Javadekar said,”Today judgment of the Allahabad High Court is a positive development.”
Senior counsel Ravi Shankar Prasad appearing for petitioner Acharya Dharmendra also hailed the verdict of the Allahabad High Court.
Verdict upholds right to build grand Ram temple: Advani
Welcoming the judgement as one that paves the way for construction of a
grand Ram temple at the disputed site, the BJP today said it
opens a "new chapter for national integration" and
"So far as the judgement upholds the right of the
Hindus to construct a temple at the Garbh-Grih (sanctum
sanctorum), it is a significant step forward towards the
construction of a grand temple at the birth place of Lord
Ram," senior BJP leader L K Advani said after a meeting of the
BJP Core Group.
He maintained that the Archaeological Survey of India
and other expert agencies proved that the structure was a
massive Hindu religious structure.
"The expert opinion of ASI and other expert agencies
engaged by it had clearly opined that there were remains of a
Hindu religious structure where the disputed structure
stood," Advani said.
The right-wing party said the verdict is an
opportunity to build national integration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title