Vettel dismisses title talk after European GP win
Valencia: Triumphant European Grand Prix winner Sebastian Vettel refused to talk about his title defence on Sunday after opening up a 77-points lead.
The 23-year-old German Red Bull driver said it was too soon to think about adding the 2011 championship to his title triumph last year.
"I don`t look at the gap -- it is a long season," said Vettel.
"But, for sure we have had a phenomenal start to the season. We continue that way, we have to take every single race as it comes.”
"Surely we don`t have to win by taking too much risk, but the target is still to win races. It feels wonderful like I said today and we try to achieve our optimum.”
"If we have the chance to win then we have to take it. If the day comes and we are not competitive enough, and we are good enough for third, we have to finish third and not seventh.”
"At the moment we all enjoy it. It is incredible the achievement and the step the team made in the last two or three years.”
"Every single department got so much more professional. We have to keep doing what we do, and stay hungry wanting to win races and wanting to become better and better every time."
After six wins in eight races, Vettel holds his massive lead over his Red Bull team-mate Australian Mark Webber and Briton Jenson Button of McLaren.
His lead is so big that if he missed the next three races, he would still be in front.
He added that he did not find his processional controlled victory on Sunday at all boring.
"Maybe from the outside!" he joked. "But I don`t know how much there was happening in the Grand Prix. From myself it looked like an absorbing race.”
"I enjoy it so much when it is you and your car every single lap. I had pressure from behind with Fernando (Alonso) and Mark (Webber), they were pitting some times before and sometimes after, they were pushing hard.”
"For some reason, I enjoy this track and it`s smooth too - it is fantastic. The team has done a phenomenal job. Even though we come here and say it might be tricky, we managed to put everything together. A faultless weekend and I am very happy with this result."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information