Vettel tops final German practice
Nuerburgring (Germany): Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel set the fastest lap in final practice on Saturday for the German Formula One Grand Prix as the rain just about held off.
The world champion sped round his home track in 1minute 30.916 seconds very late in the session to snatch the initiative from team mate Mark Webber and Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso.
India`s Karun Chandhok, picked to replace Jarno Trulli this weekend, sent smoke flying from his Team Lotus at the end of practice and had to abandon the car.
Dark clouds hung over the traditionally wet Nuerburgring and could cause problems with qualifying for Sunday`s race at 1200 GMT if the heavens open.
Spain`s Alonso, who won the last race at Silverstone, was quickest in first practice on Friday and has said the resurgent Italian team had to go for broke if they were to have any chance of getting back into the title reckoning.
Friday`s second session saw Australian Webber fastest with championship leader Vettel, 80 points clear with nine out of 19 races gone, saying he was not 100 percent happy with his car.
Any glitches appeared to have been fixed on Saturday as he zoomed past his adoring fans in the galleries.
Tyre suppliers Pirelli reckon drivers could opt to change tyres very late in Sunday`s race given the dynamics of the circuit and the weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city