Vettel tops final German practice
Nuerburgring (Germany): Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel set the fastest lap in final practice on Saturday for the German Formula One Grand Prix as the rain just about held off.
The world champion sped round his home track in 1minute 30.916 seconds very late in the session to snatch the initiative from team mate Mark Webber and Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso.
India`s Karun Chandhok, picked to replace Jarno Trulli this weekend, sent smoke flying from his Team Lotus at the end of practice and had to abandon the car.
Dark clouds hung over the traditionally wet Nuerburgring and could cause problems with qualifying for Sunday`s race at 1200 GMT if the heavens open.
Spain`s Alonso, who won the last race at Silverstone, was quickest in first practice on Friday and has said the resurgent Italian team had to go for broke if they were to have any chance of getting back into the title reckoning.
Friday`s second session saw Australian Webber fastest with championship leader Vettel, 80 points clear with nine out of 19 races gone, saying he was not 100 percent happy with his car.
Any glitches appeared to have been fixed on Saturday as he zoomed past his adoring fans in the galleries.
Tyre suppliers Pirelli reckon drivers could opt to change tyres very late in Sunday`s race given the dynamics of the circuit and the weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!