Video accounts for half of mobile data traffic
San Francisco: Half of all data traffic on mobile networks now is video recording, an indication of users` growing demand for mobile content, said a report released Thursday.
The average volume of video traffic on mobile networks has increased by 10 percentage points compared with the same time last year, according to the latest mobile analytics report by Bytemobile, a mobile internet solution provider based in Santa Clara in California, US.
In certain mobile networks, video hits up to 69 percent of total data traffic, the report showed.
It also found that mobile social networking is taking off, with smartphone users spending an average of 4.57 minutes per session on Twitter, 8.51 minutes per session on YouTube and 9.06 minutes per session on Facebook.
Though subscribers use YouTube and Facebook for roughly the same amount of time, video-sharing service YouTube generates 350 times more traffic, according to the report.
As for mobile advertising, Google`s Android devices are generating more ad transactions and corresponding data volume than Apple`s iOS devices, and Google dominates the mobile ad arena, accounting for about 75 percent of the total ad-generated data.
In another finding, the report revealed that tablet computers are now driving more mobile traffic than smartphones, as an iPad user on an average generates three times the data traffic that an iPhone subscriber does.
The new report offers further evidence that demand for mobile content is continuing to grow, noted Chris Koopmans, chief operating officer of Bytemobile.
"As devices continue to get smarter -- with faster processors, more memory and bigger, sharper screens -- content consumption, particularly video, continues to grow aggressively," he said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway