Vidhu Vinod Chopra says sorry to media
Noida: Bollywood producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra, who asked a reporter to shut up at a press conference here on Friday, has now apologised for his discourteous outburst. Vidhu lost his cool at the media event here after being questioned about whether his hit ‘3 Idiots’ was lifted from author Chetan Bhagat`s book ‘Five Point Someone’.
Apologising to the media persons Saturday morning, Vidhu said, “I say sorry to the media. What I did was silly, I was provoked.”
Vidhu said he felt really bad for director Rajkumar Hirani and film writer Abhijat Joshi, who had put a lot of hard work into the script, and the credit was being taken away by someone who is publicity hungry. “I gave him (Chetan) the money even before the film released,” Vidhu said, alleging that the whole row over the film credits was a publicity stunt.
When asked if he would like to meet author Chetan Bhagat and clarify things, Vidhu said, “For the rest of my life, I don’t want to meet him (Chetan).”
“There are some people I would never like to make friends with,” he added.
On Friday, at the press conference, Vidhu was asked whether ‘3 Idiots’, which has grossed over Rs 100 crore in the first four days, was 70 percent taken from the book as claimed by Bhagat, Chopra countered, demanding to know whether the journalist had seen the movie and read the book.
The scribe said while he had seen ‘3 Idiots’, he had not read ‘Five Point Someone’. Chopra then got up and shouted, "Then you shut up. When you have not read the book, then how can you say that the movie is 70 percent of the book?".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!