Vijaya Bank aims to reduce its cost of deposits by Sept
Mumbai: Karnataka-based Vijaya Bank aims
to bring down its cost of deposits by September, a top bank
"Our plan is to bring down our cost of funds.
Presently, it is 6.82 per cent--our aim is to bring it down to
6.5 per cent by September," Vijaya Bank`s Chairman and
Managing Director, Albert Tauro, told reporters on the
sidelines of a conference here today.
The public sector lender has witnessed some pick-up in
its agri and education loan portfolios, Tauro said.
"Home loans have, however, not picked-up
significantly," he said.
On corporate loans, Tauro said that interest is being
increasingly evinced by corporates, especially from the
infrastructure segment. "These corporates have started
approaching us for achieving their financial closure," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter