Vijaya Bank aims to reduce its cost of deposits by Sept
Mumbai: Karnataka-based Vijaya Bank aims
to bring down its cost of deposits by September, a top bank
"Our plan is to bring down our cost of funds.
Presently, it is 6.82 per cent--our aim is to bring it down to
6.5 per cent by September," Vijaya Bank`s Chairman and
Managing Director, Albert Tauro, told reporters on the
sidelines of a conference here today.
The public sector lender has witnessed some pick-up in
its agri and education loan portfolios, Tauro said.
"Home loans have, however, not picked-up
significantly," he said.
On corporate loans, Tauro said that interest is being
increasingly evinced by corporates, especially from the
infrastructure segment. "These corporates have started
approaching us for achieving their financial closure," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah