Vijaya Bank aims to reduce its cost of deposits by Sept
Mumbai: Karnataka-based Vijaya Bank aims
to bring down its cost of deposits by September, a top bank
"Our plan is to bring down our cost of funds.
Presently, it is 6.82 per cent--our aim is to bring it down to
6.5 per cent by September," Vijaya Bank`s Chairman and
Managing Director, Albert Tauro, told reporters on the
sidelines of a conference here today.
The public sector lender has witnessed some pick-up in
its agri and education loan portfolios, Tauro said.
"Home loans have, however, not picked-up
significantly," he said.
On corporate loans, Tauro said that interest is being
increasingly evinced by corporates, especially from the
infrastructure segment. "These corporates have started
approaching us for achieving their financial closure," he
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan