Villager killed, SPO injured in militant attacks in Doda
Jammu: A villager was killed and a
security personnel injured by militants in two separate
incidents in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said
Armed militants barged into the house of Anayat-ullah
at Poti village of Kashtigarh belt, 200 Kms from here, and
shot him dead late last night, they said.
In another incident, militants shot at a Special
Police Officer (SPO) in Gandoh belt of the same district.
Jaswant was returning back to his post at Joura in
the area when he was attacked last night, police said.
The injured was rushed to the hospital where his
condition was stated to be stable.
Police said a manhunt had been launched to nab the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'