Virbhadra Singh wins Shimla seat
Shimla: Former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister and HPCC president Virbhadra Singh today won from Shimla(Rural) constituency defeating his BJP rival Ishwar Rohal by 19,033 votes.
Singh, who is a strong contender for the post of Chief Minister, is a sitting member of Lok Sabha.
He had resigned from the Union Cabinet after a special Court framed charges against him in a graft a case but the Congress high command appointed him state party president to lead the party in the assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi