Vodafone launches per-second billing plan in Delhi
New Delhi: Telecom services provider Vodafone
Essar on day said it has launched a per-second billing plan for
its prepaid customers in Delhi and adjoining areas.
As per the plan, the company will charge 1 paise per
second for all local and STD calls for its prepaid customers
in Delhi and NCR, it said in a statement.
To avail this offer the existing customers of Vodafone
have to do a one time recharge of Rs 55. This offer is also
available for the new customers with recharge of Rs 54, it
Earlier, Bharti Airtel, Aircel and Reliance
Communications had announced the per-second tariff,
intensifying the competition between operators.
Per-second billing was first started by the entry of Tata
DoCoMo in June.
Vodafone had already introduced per second billing in
some circles earlier this month.
Sanjay Warke, chief executive officer, Vodafone Essar–
Delhi said, "Vodafone has always catered to the specific
requirements of its customers. This recharge will enable our
customers to enjoy calling their loved ones at an affordable
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai