Vodafone, RIM launch BlackBerry Storm2 in 7 EU nations, SA
London: Leading telecom firm Vodafone along with BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (RIM) today launched the new version of the Storm2 smartphone in seven European countries as well as South Africa.
The second generation of RIM`s touch-screen smartphone, the BlackBerry Storm2, lets customers stay easily connected to people, places and things that matter most.
The launch is scheduled with an eye on the ensuing festival season ahead of Christmas.
"In the busy holiday gift buying period, customers in the UK and Ireland will be able to get the new smartphone first through Vodafone," the company said in a regulatory filing
with the London Stock Exchange.
The pricing would be announced by the individual in-country operating companies.
The Storm2 smartphone would be offered exclusively by Vodafone in Germany, Netherlands and Spain, and would also be made available in France, Italy and South Africa in time for Christmas.
"The BlackBerry Storm2 with BlackBerry OS 5 evolves the BlackBerry touch-screen platform with hundreds of hardware and software enhancements," the company added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'