Vodafone, RIM launch BlackBerry Storm2 in 7 EU nations, SA
London: Leading telecom firm Vodafone along with BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (RIM) today launched the new version of the Storm2 smartphone in seven European countries as well as South Africa.
The second generation of RIM`s touch-screen smartphone, the BlackBerry Storm2, lets customers stay easily connected to people, places and things that matter most.
The launch is scheduled with an eye on the ensuing festival season ahead of Christmas.
"In the busy holiday gift buying period, customers in the UK and Ireland will be able to get the new smartphone first through Vodafone," the company said in a regulatory filing
with the London Stock Exchange.
The pricing would be announced by the individual in-country operating companies.
The Storm2 smartphone would be offered exclusively by Vodafone in Germany, Netherlands and Spain, and would also be made available in France, Italy and South Africa in time for Christmas.
"The BlackBerry Storm2 with BlackBerry OS 5 evolves the BlackBerry touch-screen platform with hundreds of hardware and software enhancements," the company added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS