Vodafone, RIM launch BlackBerry Storm2 in 7 EU nations, SA
London: Leading telecom firm Vodafone along with BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (RIM) today launched the new version of the Storm2 smartphone in seven European countries as well as South Africa.
The second generation of RIM`s touch-screen smartphone, the BlackBerry Storm2, lets customers stay easily connected to people, places and things that matter most.
The launch is scheduled with an eye on the ensuing festival season ahead of Christmas.
"In the busy holiday gift buying period, customers in the UK and Ireland will be able to get the new smartphone first through Vodafone," the company said in a regulatory filing
with the London Stock Exchange.
The pricing would be announced by the individual in-country operating companies.
The Storm2 smartphone would be offered exclusively by Vodafone in Germany, Netherlands and Spain, and would also be made available in France, Italy and South Africa in time for Christmas.
"The BlackBerry Storm2 with BlackBerry OS 5 evolves the BlackBerry touch-screen platform with hundreds of hardware and software enhancements," the company added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch