Volkswagen`s Polo to come with customised features
New Delhi: German auto major Volkswagen on Monday said it will offer package options to customers of its soon-to-be launched small car Polo, which will include features like accessories, safety and sports, and entertainment systems.
"We will be offering cosmetics like safety features, entertainment systems and sports packages in our Polo cars. These features will be available at the dealers end during bookings," Volkswagen Chief General Manager (Marketing and PR) Lutz Kothe told reporters at the 10th Auto Expo.
He said the additional features will come in addition to
the standard ones, which are factory-fitted in the car.
The company had unveiled its 1.3-litre, small car Polo
during the current Auto Expo, which will be formally launched
in the Indian market in March. The car will be manufactured at
the company`s Chakan plant in Maharashtra.
Kothe said the company will also undertake a 360-degree
marketing and advertising campaign for the Polo, which will
involve use of print, electronic and Internet media.
Regarding the company`s recently-launched Beetle, Kothe
said Volkswagen has already received around 250 bookings for
"The 250 bookings have come within one month of the car`s
launch. We are hopeful of a very good performance by the model
in the Indian market," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers