Voltas Q1 net profit dips 5% to Rs 79 cr
Mumbai: Tata Group company Voltas Ltd on Thursday
reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 78.94 crore for the
first quarter ended June 2009, down 5.47 over the
corresponding period last fiscal.
Consolidated total income increased to Rs 1,260.71 crore
during the April-June quarter from Rs 1,067.15 crore in the
corresponding period last fiscal, Voltas said in a filing to
the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
On standalone basis, Voltas posted a net profit of Rs
73.69 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, down 13.43
per cent over the year-ago period.
Standalone total income rose to Rs 1,190.63 crore during
the June quarter from Rs 1,035.59 crore in the corresponding
period a year ago.
Shares of Voltas closed at Rs 137.15, down 2.38 per cent
over previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal