Voltas Q1 net profit dips 5% to Rs 79 cr
Mumbai: Tata Group company Voltas Ltd on Thursday
reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 78.94 crore for the
first quarter ended June 2009, down 5.47 over the
corresponding period last fiscal.
Consolidated total income increased to Rs 1,260.71 crore
during the April-June quarter from Rs 1,067.15 crore in the
corresponding period last fiscal, Voltas said in a filing to
the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
On standalone basis, Voltas posted a net profit of Rs
73.69 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, down 13.43
per cent over the year-ago period.
Standalone total income rose to Rs 1,190.63 crore during
the June quarter from Rs 1,035.59 crore in the corresponding
period a year ago.
Shares of Voltas closed at Rs 137.15, down 2.38 per cent
over previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI