Voters can exercise franchise only on basis of EPIC
Puducherry: Voters in Puducherry will have to
identify themselves on the basis of Electoral Photo Identity
Cards before exercising their franchise for the April 13
Chief Electoral Officer Belatee Pertin said in a release
on Sunday said that all voters have been covered under EPIC. With
cent per cent coverage under EPIC and Photo Electoral Rolls
voters should identify themselves only on the basis of EPIC
cards and not through any other alternative documents, as per
the order of the Election Commission, he said.
Puducherry and its outlying regions of Karaikal, Mahe
and Yanam will have a one day poll on April 13.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!