Voters can exercise franchise only on basis of EPIC
Puducherry: Voters in Puducherry will have to
identify themselves on the basis of Electoral Photo Identity
Cards before exercising their franchise for the April 13
Chief Electoral Officer Belatee Pertin said in a release
on Sunday said that all voters have been covered under EPIC. With
cent per cent coverage under EPIC and Photo Electoral Rolls
voters should identify themselves only on the basis of EPIC
cards and not through any other alternative documents, as per
the order of the Election Commission, he said.
Puducherry and its outlying regions of Karaikal, Mahe
and Yanam will have a one day poll on April 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!