Wadekar supports protesting hockey players
Indore: Former cricket captain Ajit Wadekar threw his weight behind the protesting hockey players, saying they have done the right thing by boycotting the national camp protesting against non-payment of their dues.
"Hockey players have taken the right step by boycotting the World Cup preparatory camp. This incident will make the people of the country aware of what kind of difficulties the national players go through," Wadekar said.
He said a national level player has to toil a lot to perform at the highest level and it`s important that they get all the benefits and facilities.
"The players maintain rigorous routine to keep themselves fit for national duty. It is important to provide them with nutritious food and other training facilities so that they can perform well," he said.
Meanwhile, speaking on cricket, Wadekar said former India skipper Rahul Dravid should continue playing international cricket for some more time.
"Dravid is a big talent. I want him to play for some more years and make some more runs," Wadekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days