Wadoo named for 2011 Lion Award
Srinagar: J&K chapter of All India Boys Scouts has named ace Kashmiri footballer Mehraj-ud-Din Wadoo, who will be representing India at the Asian Cup football tournament in Qatar, for the 2011 Lion Award.
The executive committee of J&K Scouts and Guides Association, an affiliate of All India Boys Scouts, said Wadoo brought "international prestige" to the sports fraternity of the state.
"The news of Wadoo`s selection in the Indian squad for Asian Cup has made the Jammu and Kashmir state proud. All India Boys Scouts, J&K Chapter, has decided to honour Wadoo with 2011 Lion award for his contribution to football," the Association said in a statement.
Wadoo was selected in the 23-member Indian squad for Asia Cup 2011 which is scheduled to be held in Doha, Qatar from January 7.
Wadoo, who hails from south Kashmir, plays as a midfielder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report